David Foster Wallace publications available online.
- Everything published in Harper's Magazine. (Fiction and non-fiction)
- The Electric Typewriter's, 25 Great Essays by David Foster Wallace.
- Open Culture's, 30 Free Essays & Stories by David Foster Wallace on the Web.
I'm slowing checking and updating the links below - Jan 2013
- "Order and Flux in Northampton". Conjunctions:17. Fall 1991.
- "David Lynch Keeps His Head". (Alternate link) Premiere. 1996.
- "Yet Another Instance of the Porousness of Certain Borders (XXI)". Conjunctions:28. Spring 1997.
- "Think". Conjunctions:28. Spring 1997.
- "John Updike, Champion Literary Phallcrat, Drops One; Is This Finally the End for Magnificent Narcissists?". The New York Observer. October 13, 1997.
- "Nothing Happened". Open City. Number 5, 1997.
- "Death is not the end". Grand Street 60. 1997. [Archive.org link]
- "A FUN THING THEY'LL NEVER DO AGAIN Gus Van Sant meets David Foster Wallace". Dazed & Confused. May 1998.
- A Radically Condensed History of Postindustrial Life. Ploughshares. Spring 1998.
- "Brief Interviews with Hideous Men -- What They Talk About When They Talk About Themselves". Harper's. October 1998.
- The Depressed Person. Harper's (on findarticles). 1998.
- "Laughing with Kafka". Harper's Magazine. July 1998.
- F/X PORN from Waterstone's Magazine Winter/Spring 1998.
- "Tense Present: Democracy, English and the Wars over Usage". Harper's Magazine. April 2002
- Incarnations of Burned Children circa 2001.
- The NYT Play Magazine - Federer as a religious experience
- Harper's Magazine PDF collection - Everything DFW published in Harper's in pdf format
- Tennis.com - Democracy and Commerce at the US Open
- Consider the Lobster
- Good People - The New Yorker Feb 2007 (Shares a character with Wiggle Room, Lane Dean Jr.)
- The Compliance Branch (link to pdf) - Harper's Magazine Feb 2008 (First at Le Conversazioni 2006 as untitled excerpt from something lomger that isn't even close to halfway finished yet)
- Wiggle Room - The New Yorker March 2009
- Irrelevant Bob (? Speculation: from the note at the top of page one) Page 1 , Page 2 - The New Yorker March 2009
- All That - The New Yorker December 2009 Was confirmed as an excerpt. Did not make it to publication.
- A New Examiner (approx 2000 words) - In The Lifted Brow Jan 2010 and in Harper's Sep 2010
- Backbone - The New Yorker, March 7 2011 (This is one of the Lannan Foundation fragments, see below)