- The Awl. Carrie Frye's, 46 Things to Read and See for David Foster Wallace's 50th Birthday.
- The Classical. The Deep Seams: A Search for Fun in David Foster Wallace's Peoria by Kyle Beachy.
- The Composites, Hal Incandenza, Infinite Jest.
- Letters of Note, I don't enjoy this war one bit.
- Berfrois. Daniel Roberts', The Depressed Person in The Marriage Plot.
- The Point. Jon Baskin's, Wallace, Franzen, and the Question of Realism. Ignoring a few little errors, this is a fantastic essay - particularly the Chris Fogle analysis. [Don't miss Baskin's earlier piece either, Death is Not the End David Foster Wallace: His Legacy and his Critics from 2009]
- Reposted over at Open Culture (it keeps getting rediscovered!) is DFW's 2003 ZDF interview, David Foster Wallace: The Big, Uncut Interview (2003) [More interviews here].
- NY Daily News: Alexander Nazaryan's, David Foster Wallace at 50: Why he still matters and always will (21/2/12).
- Salon.com: Daniel B. Roberts', Consider David Foster Wallace, journalist (21/2/12).
New links today:
- In 1997 Alec Michod wrote DFW a letter. DFW wrote back.
- Flavorwire. Emily Temple's, Awesome Tattoos Inspired by David Foster Wallace.
- Ryan Blanck's Letters to DFW, 50.
- Metafilter Discussion and link thread, You are, unfortunately, a fiction writer.
- Forrest Wickman for Slate's Browbeat.
- The Shallow Brigade, happy bday, dfw.
|< Prev||Next >|