Update 8/12: New reviews, and a new extract.
Release day today, Nov 6th (also election day, don't forget to vote!) for David Foster Wallace's uncollected essays, Both Flesh and Not: Essays, (and the Australian imprint is already appearing in stores).
Looks like my hard back copy shipped from Amazon earlier today too.
I'll keep track of any reviews as they appear and I've written a little review over at the permanent page if you're interested.
Reviews and Articles (let me know if you find any more):
- Extract: What words really mean: David Foster Wallace's dictionary, The Telegraph. [6/12/12]
- New: David Annand's review for The Telegraph. [5/12/12]
- New: Tim Groenland's review of BFAN and the D.T. Max biography for The Dublin Review of Books, A Ghost Is Born. [3/12/12]
- New: Sumanth Prabhaker's review for Slant Magazine, The Better of What's Left: David Foster Wallace's Both Flesh and Not. [2/12/12]
- New: Brandon Christopher's review for The Winnipeg Free Press, Wallace essays hold attention of disparate readers. [1/12/12]
- New: Michael Gaffney's review for The Middlebury Campus, Booking It: Both Flesh and Not. [29/11/12]
- New: Robert Schaefer's review for The New York Journal of Books. [28/11/12]
- Izzy Kornblatt-Stier's Daily Gazette review, Grown-Up Stories: Beyond the Tricks of David Foster Wallace. [26/11/12]
- L.A. Review of Books, What Would DFW Do: Maria Bustillos, Eric Been, and Mike Goetzman on "Both Flesh and Not" and All Things Foster Wallace by Eric Been, Maria Bustillos and Michael Goetzman. [25/11/12]
- L.A. Review of Books, Ben Mauk on Both Flesh and Not : Essays and The Way the World Works : Essays The Thrills of Miscellany: David Foster Wallace, Nicholson Baker, and Supplemental Work. [25/11/12]
- Ben Hamilton's review for The Independent, IoS book review: Both Flesh and Not, By David Foster Wallace. [25/11/12]
- John Broening's Denver Post review. [25/11/12]
- Josh Davis' Time Out New York review. [21/11/12]
- Culture Critic review, Lessons in feeling: David Foster Wallace's Both Flesh and Not reviewed... [21/11/12]
- Stuart Kelly's Scotland on Sunday review. [18/11/12]
- Extract: David Foster Wallace on 'The Nature of Fun'. [16/11/12]
- Matt Bucher's Simple Ranger review. [16/11/12]
- Sebastian Stockman's Kansas City Star review, Posthumous Wallace collection is a grab bag of remnants. [15/11/12]
- Michiko Kakutani's NYT review, Lengthy Insights, Vividly Served At High Velocity. [15/11/15]
- D.T. Max's review for The New Yorker Page-Turner Blog, D.F.W's Nonfiction: Better with Age. [14/11/12]
- Vadim Rizov's review for A.V. Club. [12/11/12]
- Michael Darer's review for The Wesleyan Argus. [12/11/12]
- Webster Bull's ilsussidiario.net review, Both Flesh and Not: A Beginning. [12/11/12]
- Kevin Stachelek's review for Neon Tommy. [8/11/12]
- Richard Marshall's review for 3:AM Magazine, asmodeus' flight. [8/11/12]
- Michael Robbins' Chicago Tribune review, David Foster Wallace scrapes the stars ... and the barrel. [5/11/12]
- David Masciotra's review for The Daily Beast, David Foster Wallace, Traditionalist? Considering ‘Both Flesh and Not: Essays. [2/11/12]
- James Ley for the Sydney Morning Herald, A Genius Revealed. [27/10/12]
- Sean Conner's Anobium review, Grappling With the World: Both Flesh and Not. [28/8/12]
- Publishers Weekly review. [13/8/12]
- Gideon Lewis-Kraus's Bookforum review, Viewer Discretion.
Buy Both Flesh and Not: Essays now.